Shopping Basket

0 Items

Subtotal £0.00

Category: Fire Safety

Fireworks Fire Safety

At this time of year it seems there are fireworks going off every night of the week! If you’re planning a fireworks display or a bonfire for any of the seasonal celebrations please take note of our quick fireworks fire safety guide.

What Is A Manual Call Point?

You’ve seen them in public buildings, schools, hospitals and offices but do you know what they are and how to use them?

Saved From Electric Heater Fire By Smoke Alarm

  Last week an elderly man in Birmingham was saved by his smoke alarm when clothes drying on his electric heater caught fire.

Change Your Clock, Test Your Smoke Alarm

It’s that time of year again. British Summer Time ends this weekend at 2am on Sunday 30th October 2011. This year though, we’d like you to also check your smoke alarm when you turn back the clocks.

Temporary Fire Safety

In situations where a structure is only being used for a short period of time it is still important to adhere to normal fire safety procedures. Whether the temporary place is a wedding marquee or a building site there are steps you can take to ensure that the structure is safe for all.

How To Prevent Electrical Fires

Electrical fires are a major cause of accidental fires in the UK. Nearly a quarter of fires in 2008 were ignited by sources with electric origins.

Irish Fire Safety Week

The 3rd of October marked the start of Fire Safety Week across both Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland. The intention of the event is to create awareness of fire safety issues for all Irish citizens, regardless of geographic boundaries.

Suspended Prison Sentence Over Fire Safety Breaches

Last week, a building owner was given a six-month suspended prison sentence after being found guilty of seven fire safety offences. On top of this sentence, Saif Ahmed of London was also ordered to pay over £13,000 in court costs and carry out 150 hours of community service.

Fire In Disused Scottish Supermarket

Early on Thursday 14th September a raging fire broke out at the disused supermarket Haldanes in Buckie, Moray. Local residents were shocked at the amount of black smoke bellowing out of the derelict building and there were reports that the plumes of smoke could be seen from over 15 miles away.